Written by Juergen
Created: 28 May 2019
To add images and other documents to your training notes, you can link to pictures and other documents in the cloud using weblinks:
- Upload the desired image or document to the cloud service of your choice (you my already have set your phone to automatically upload images).
- Use your browser to determine the web address.
- In the training view, create a weblink and enter the address and a short title/description.
This is a function that we are planning to make more convenient in the future.
As a number of users have been requesting this very useful feature we'd like to add some background information:
The main challenge from a programming perspective is choosing the storage location.
- Inside the app's own protected storage, images are not accessible except via DogScroll, and they burden the internal memory of the phone.
- Links to the gallery may break when the images are moved, renamed, or deleted or when you are changing your phone.
Using weblinks is one way to address these problems and make managing of the images more transparent to the user.